Sunday, June 3, 2012

cashmere shrug

Several years ago I found this gorgeous dark pink cashmere V-neck sweater. Unfortunately it was way to big on me so I would wear it around the house on cool days but never wore it out anywhere.

Over the last few months I have been taking classes on a site named Craftsy. You learn at your own pace with video instruction. If you have questions you can email the instructor. The classes are very well done and you can learn at your own pace. I have made several things including a fully tailored suit, 2 blouses and I am half way through a couture made dress. Then I discovered Project Upcycle by Betz White! She Recycles or rather Upcycles clothes and one of her projects is turning a cashmere sweater into a shrug.

This is my result, I am very happy with it and can't wait to wear it to work this week!
upcycled shrug

No comments:

Post a Comment